Request to join Fedora Websites Team

Robert Mayr robyduck at fedoraproject.org
Thu Sep 19 09:53:56 UTC 2013

2013/9/19 Patrick Gunsolley <vansolrick at hotmail.com>:
> Hello
>
> My name is Patrick and I've been using Fedora since Fedora Core 6. I am
> currently working for a web software company that promotes the use of
> open-source software in our infrastructure to provide our services and
> software. I remember being a part of the Fedora team in the past as a bug
> zapper, and although I'm still learning the trade, but I would like to join
> the web team that is part of my favorite Linux distribution.
>
> Thank you
>
> Patrick

Hi Patrick,
nice to hear you want to join us.

I guess you have already looked at our join page [1], where you find
most of the informations needed to join the websites group. We use
mainly Python, Genshi and JS for our pages, but it would be also a
good idea taking a look at the 960 grid system [2], because you will
find many divs in our sources.

You are free to start immediately working on tickets, read how it
works [3] and see easyfix [4] at the beginning or our Trac [5]. You
can send your patches there.

Please ask if you have any doubts and say hello on IRC channel
#fedora-websites, located on the freenode server.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Websites/Join
[2] http://960.gs/
[3] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_fix_bugs_on_the_Fedora_Project_website
[4] http://fedoraproject.org/easyfix/#fedora-websites