Contributing to web related tasks

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Tue Apr 22 11:51:39 UTC 2014

Hi Nick!

On 04/20/2014 11:45 AM, Nick Germaine wrote:
> I understand that free software needs contributors to succeed, and so
> I'm offering my skills up to help out with the websites (I have seen
> quite a few tickets in there).

Woohoo! Thanks for joining in!!!

Have you seen any of the information about the new Fedora websites we
are planning? We could definitely use your help. We're still in the
planning stages - here's a couple of blog posts that explain the plan so
far:

http://blog.linuxgrrl.com/2014/04/01/a-proposal-for-fedoras-website-considering-fedora-next/

http://blog.linuxgrrl.com/2014/04/16/design-hub-idea-fedora-next-website-redesign/

What do you think? Does the plan make sense? Do you have any feedback /
ideas? Is there anything there you'd like to poke around with and maybe
build a prototype for?

I have some information here about where our assets are for that design:
http://blog.linuxgrrl.com/2014/04/17/get-involved-in-the-fedora-next-web-efforts/

The link that Chaoyi pointed you to
(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Websites/Join) has information about the
websites repo - robyduck just created the "f.next" branch in that repo
yesterday. That's where the code for this new website plan is going to go.

Does this make sense? Any questions? Does any of this look like
something you could dive into or do you need more guidance?

I'm mizmo on irc.freenode.net and I hang out in #fedora-design and I'll
be lurking in #fedora-websites as well.

~m