Feedback on the new website

Oliver Propst oliver.propst at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 17:04:12 UTC 2014

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 5:41 PM, Máirín Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hi Oliver,
Hi Marin,

> That's a question for the workstation working group - we designed the sites
> based on guidance from the individual working groups. The information about
> how to contact that group should be here:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Workstation
I see, it was just that I noticed that the page was using very much
developer jargon. But understand that if you are targeting developers
as the workstation product seem to do.

> What do you mean by unsharp?
That the picture are lacking some contrast.

> Why would we use pictures of people who didn't look like developers to
> represent developers? We take pictures of real people who really use Fedora,
> not models. I don't see many models coding. It would be disingenuous at best
> to use a photo of a model.
Hm right, well just thought it may spreed a stereotypical image of
Linux/Fedora users.

>> *One of a pictures feature a person typing on a computer with a very
>> dirty screen, think this ruins the pictures as it really takes focus
>> from an otherwise beautiful picture and gives overall a bad impression
>> of the page and to some degree fedora.
>

> If that's all it takes to leave a bad impression... wow. We can consider
> tweaking the image but I absolutely disagree with the level of importance
> here.
Ok maybe I was exaggerated a bit here  about the picture leaving a bad
impression of fedora, sorry. That said I still find it very
distracting and don't think its a very good idea to feature a such a
flawed picture especially when its the element you are promoting that
is flawed. Would be great if the team wants to fix it.

--
-mvh Oliver Propst