fedoracommunity.org and fedora next web design

Robert Mayr robyduck at fedoraproject.org
Wed May 28 13:49:04 UTC 2014

Il 27/mag/2014 15:37 "Matthew Miller" <mattdm at mattdm.org> ha scritto:

> Wow -- I saw the ticket on updating the links, and discovered anothre
great
> resource that I didn't even know existed. This is probably largely my
fault,
> but I'm going to take it as another example of how disconnectedness is
> hurting us.
>
> How can we better tie this together?
>
> --
> Matthew Miller           mattdm at mattdm.org          <http://mattdm.org/>

Yes Matthew, that's really your fault :D

But you are right, and I think also fudcon.fedoraproject.org has the same
"issue".
The idea for fcomm.org was to include this somehow in the main site,
because local communities are definitely important, although they are not
officially recognized or supported. Many users would appreciate direct
links to fedora webpages (and support) in their language.
That said I was trying (but didn't had sufficient time) to extend this map
also to the ambassadors, so people can click on the map, find if there is a
local community and also get a map of the ambassadors in their specific
country (like mozilla does with their contributors).

It's actually at the end of my todo list, but for sure we need to make
these pages more  visible for end users.

If there are any ideas in addition to what I said they are very welcome,
maybe this discussion can bring us forward more easily. Thanks Matt for
bringing this up.

Greetings
Robert Mayr
(robyduck)