Removal of archived threads in mailing list

Andy Kannberg andy.kannberg at snow.nl
Wed Nov 19 10:33:10 UTC 2014

Hello,

Is it possible to have a certain threads (which I started myself in 2010) removed ? The threads were in the SSSD-devel list, about the configuration of SSSD against an LDAP environment. For some reason, I did not sanitize the output from logs and config files, hence, certain hostnames and LDAP information is shown in the messages. From security point of view, this information shouldn’t been in the messages, and the company  I worked for at that time wants them removed. The exact threads can be found here:

https://lists.fedorahosted.org/pipermail/sssd-devel/2010-August/004360.html
https://lists.fedorahosted.org/pipermail/sssd-devel/2010-August/004395.html
https://lists.fedorahosted.org/pipermail/sssd-devel/2010-August/004434.html

https://lists.fedorahosted.org/pipermail/sssd-devel/2010-September/004455.html
https://lists.fedorahosted.org/pipermail/sssd-devel/2011-January/005593.html
https://lists.fedorahosted.org/pipermail/sssd-devel/2011-April/006122.html

https://lists.fedorahosted.org/pipermail/sssd-devel/2011-September/007082.html

It would be great if you would fulfill my request. If you can’t or won’t be able to remove the archived threads, is it at least possible to anonimize them ?

best regards,
Andy Kannberg
UNIX&Linux Consultant @ Snow, The Netherlands.