Migration to Zanata

Xavier Lamien laxathom at fedoraproject.org
Thu Nov 27 19:13:09 UTC 2014

On Thu Nov 27 2014 at 7:23:55 PM Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Nov 2014 15:43:15 +1000
> Noriko Mizumoto <noriko at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>
> > Hi Websites team
> >
> > Some of you have already noticed, we FLP (aka translation team) have
> > started the process of migration to new fedora.zanata.org instance
> > from Transifex. First all translators started to migrate in November
> > 2014 (still going on).
> >
> > It is time to migrate all projects. This is expected to start after
> > F21 GA. The documentation is prepared and ready at [1]. If any concern
> > or question, feel free to ask at zanata-devel ml.
> >
> > It has been confirmed that the following packages to be migrated.
> > Could you mind to advise the contacts of each package current
> > owner/maintainer?
> >
> > Package Name
> > FedOAuth
>
> FedOAuth is going away in favor of the ipsilon project.
> So, likely this one wont need migrating. Copying Patrick here on this
> to confirm.
>
> > Fedora Account System
>
> Adding Xavier as the main Fedora account system wrangler here.

I will double check if there's a real need to FAS v2 to migrate as
it only is maintained for critical bug fixes. We no longer support new
features implementation which could imply new string to be translated.

However, the next major release will come up with new wording which will
lead us to re-translate the whole thing as they have been massively
revamped. Zanata will be a good start.

Also, can't find your  documentation [2] link in this thread
Mind add it back?

Thanks,