limitations in account handling

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Mon Jan 5 17:36:33 UTC 2015

On Mon, 05 Jan 2015 16:43:24 +0100
Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <nmav at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2015-01-05 at 07:15 -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > On Mon, 05 Jan 2015 14:17:26 +0100
> > Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <nmav at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >  There are some limitations in the handling of accounts, in the
> > > user's home page:
> > > https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/user/view/xuser
> > > - There is only one SSH key allowed. I work from home and from
> > > office. That restriction prevents me from committing from both
> > > places (and I don't want to share these keys).
> > You can use multiple keys. Simply cat them together and upload that
> > file... ie,
> > key1....
> > key2....
> > key3....
>
> Didn't work for me, but it could have been the long delay of the
> update.

It definitely works fine here.

> > > - Replacing an SSH key takes almost a day.
> > That should definitely not be the case. It should take about
> > 20-30min to sync out.
>
> That's certainly not the case. I've uploaded my work key at morning
> and 6 hours later I still cannot commit in fedora repositories.

Can you send me the exact output you get when trying to commit?

Perhaps it's not your key, but that you are now in denyhosts for too
many attempts?

> > > - There is no mentioning in that page of the way to update the
> > > certificates used in koji. I believe that's the obvious place to
> > > search for updating such credentials.
> > > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Using_the_Koji_build_system
> > Which page? the koji page or the accounts page?
>
> That accounts page; it should provide some instructions or link to
> update the koji keys as well for the account.

I'm not sure it makes sense there... many people using the account
system have no need for koji access. Only people who are packagers
would need to worry about that.

I can bring it up to fas developers however, or you could file a ticket
on it...
https://github.com/fedora-infra/fas/issues

kevin