[Design-team] new Fedora Atomic sub-site - help wanted

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jun 17 18:30:46 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 03:31:15PM +0200, Robert Mayr wrote:
> For example EC2 images, they will be done by fedimg, could this be a
> transparent process for us? Actually it's not so easy to get the IDs and
> they need some work from our side (websites). Would be the best to make a
> script to gather them automatically through datanommer, as filed in our
> webticket [1.

Yes, I'd like Fedimg to automatically provide all of the needed
information with no need for human intervention. For this new case,
it's easier, because we're defining the release as gated by automated
testing, while Fedora Cloud Base image is still expected to be signed
off on by humans — that is, a certain RC will be declared gold. That
means there needs to be a mechanism for someone — release engineering,
presumably — to programatically signal that a given image build is
"gold" (whether for alpha, beta, or final, or for an updated image
rebuilt for a security reason).

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>