Fedora Wiki Revision

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Fri Sep 4 15:11:42 UTC 2015

On Thu, Sep 03, 2015 at 02:30:54AM +0300, Zacharias Mitzelos wrote:

>  * Wiki consists many things, it's a big data dump, and the first thing
>    we have to do is to agree what it's for. For example, wiki carries
>    information about Fedora's subprojects, documentation, project
>    mission statements, release notes,  budgets, meeting minutes, acting
>    like a scratchpad for ideas etc. So at first we need to reconsider
>    what the wiki stands for. We suggest that we should be more selective
>    of what pages exist in the wiki. For example, the docs team is
>    already transfering content to the Docs website, so eventually no
>    documentation will exist on the wiki. Release notes, and mission

Unless we have a number of people commmitted to constant and consistant
wiki-gardening, I don't think we can tame the wiki. Therefore, I think
"it's not for anything user-facing" is a good guideline going forward —
moving Docs out is exactly right.

Offhand, I think makes sense for the packaging guidelines and various
legal documentation to become Docs, too.

>    statements could be moved to the getfedora.org website. Eventually it
>    would be ideal to have the wiki only for information about the
>    subprojects (with links to join.fp.org), working groups, and some
>    more. We still have to figure out what to do with all the pages that
>    act like a "scratchpad", but that's another discussion.

I think, instead, the info-about-projects should be on the new Fedora
Hubs. Then, the scratch pages can just stay.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>