[Fedora-xen] Problems with network interfaces

Walter Souto wsouto at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 14:25:43 UTC 2006

Hi everybody,

I'm new to that list and I did read the archives to see if somebody
have something like my problem but I can't find anything.

I did a clean install of FC5 and Xen using yum. Then I did create one
guest using pyguest-install. Everything runs ok. The guest works, but
I have experimented some kind of problem with the network of the
guest. I can't ping the domain0 and the domain0 can't ping the guest.
But how I did keep trying more two or three times and the guest start
to responding. Tried again and no response, tried again and have
response... So I'm lost here.

I did make another guest by copying the image of the first guest,
change the mac addr on the config file (in the /etc/xen) and changing
hostname, IP addr and mac addr to the same that used in the config
file for the new guest. I did create the two guests and they work ok,
but the same problem still occurs. One time I have the two guests
responding, then, one of the two are working and the other not...

The machine is an old PIII600EB with 768Mb RAM. Each guest was created
with 256Mb and the domain0 itself has 235Mb. Maybe that machine is not
sufice to run Xen with two guests.

I'll apreciate any help.

TIA,
--