[Fedora-xen] Xen install of other than FC5 on FC5 Dom0

Stephen C. Tweedie sct at redhat.com
Tue Jun 6 11:20:05 UTC 2006

Hi,

On Fri, 2006-06-02 at 23:22 +0800, Ian Kent wrote:

> It appears that I can only build FC5 guests on my FC5 machine.
>
> Anyone have any pointers to documentation that can explain creating
> guests of another distribution, such as Rawhide, on my FC5 box?

Right now, rawhide is using a later version of Xen than FC5 (FC5 is
using the 3.0.2 stable Xen release, whereas rawhide is tracking upstream
Xen development).  You can run an earlier guest on a later
hypervisor/dom0, but not the other way around; so you can't run a
rawhide guest on an FC5 xen0 kernel.

People have reported success running a rawhide kernel on FC5, and using
that to host a rawhide guest, though.

--Stephen