[Fedora-xen] Trouble installing Windows HVM on 3.1

Ronald Warsow rwarsow at online.de
Tue Jul 10 20:49:56 UTC 2007

Johnson, Tony M wrote:
> Installing windows XP professional on a core duo with
> Fedora x64 installed. Thanks for the pointer I will give
> it a try. I assume you have not encountered this issue
> because of embedding the asms with NLite.

to your above question:
up to now i was under the impression that nlite among other things
deletes some stuff, esp. asms dir, also.
but this is not the case for my lastly created iso.

i install that xp (x86) iso's under f7 (x64) with qemu-kvm !

and i believe the internal "mechanics" to do a xp installation with
virt-manager under a xen kernel makes not diff. to me.

maybe i'm wrong ?

but i tried it now and it leads me to your initial question:
do you mean the xp installation prompts you for file asms from

	*GLOBALROOT\DEVICE\CDROM\I386*

if so then it's described/discussed here:
https://virt.108.redhat.com/articles/2007/01/15/xen-guest-installation.pdf

page 5...

let me know if that was your question !

--