[Fedora-xen] Re: problem creating my 1st VM

Guillaume guillaume.chardin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 15:50:11 UTC 2007

2007/10/26, Guillaume <guillaume.chardin at gmail.com>:
> Hi list,
> I' trying to create my first vm with Xen, and I experience some problems.
> I follow some How to's  and xen docs to build my own config file, but
> maybe, there are some errors inside it.
> I have the following problem, after i start my guest domain, the
> kernel boot & then a kernel panic is displayed :
>
> VFS: Cannot open root device "hda1" or unknown-block(0,0)
> Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0)

For this problem, it seems that no reference to scsi is made during
DomU boot. Maybe SCSI support is loaded with the initrd image. Is
there a way to give arguments in VM config file to use any initrd
image ? Or I have to "recompile" the kernel and set generic scsi
support not in module !

---
Guillaume