[Fedora-xen] 2.6.38-rc dom0 kernel and xen 4.1.0-rc2

W. Michael Petullo mike at flyn.org
Thu Jan 27 17:51:08 UTC 2011

> Actually it didn't, but (2.6.38-0.rc2.git3.2.xendom0.fc15) does at
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=2744376
>
> I also now have a build of xen-4.1.0-rc2 at
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=2744030

I am presently testing these Xen and kernel packages. My initial
impression is very positive. I am able to boot into X within Dom0 on my
previously difficult hardware. Previous experiences are documented on
this list, beginning with [1]. My WiFi adapter also works. So, I
agree with Marko's statement so far, "Dom0 is now usable as a desktop
computer." I will continue to use this as my primary environment and
will report any issues I come across.

Now, the last issue remaining for me is the backend drivers. My
understanding is that, in the absence of backends being accepted
upstream, we can use QEMU-based drivers. This would be acceptable for
our work. Has anyone been using these with Fedora 15?

[1] http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/xen/2010-March/005014.html

--
Mike

:wq