[Fedora-xen] Installing a domU without virt-install

M A Young m.a.young at durham.ac.uk
Thu Nov 1 11:22:14 UTC 2012

On Thu, 1 Nov 2012, Andy Burns wrote:

> [Re-sent from my list subscribed email address, sorry]
>
> I've got a Fedora 17 dom0, running under Xen 4.2 (thanks to the Pasi's
> archive of Michael's test SRPM at
> http://pasik.reaktio.net/fedora/xen/xen-4.2.0-0.1.fc17.src.rpm)

Note there are now official xen-4.2.0 packages for F18 and F19. They
should rebuild on F17, though offical F17 builds will stick to the 4.1
branch.

> Since there's no libvirt support in that build, I had to uninstall the
> existing virt-* tools too, therefore no helpers to create a new domU.
> However, a link on LWN reminded me of http://boot.fedoraproject.org/
> and I wondered if I could use that to get a new domU installed.

You could try the virt preview repository
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Virtualization_Preview_Repository

That looks like it has a F17 build of the latest F18/F19 libvirt which
disables the libxl driver so it doesn't conflict with xen-4.2

 	Michael Young