[Fedora-xen] Xen 4.2 in rawhide

M A Young m.a.young at durham.ac.uk
Wed Nov 28 00:25:02 UTC 2012

On Sat, 27 Oct 2012, Cole Robinson wrote:

> On 10/26/2012 10:01 AM, M A Young wrote:
>> On Fri, 26 Oct 2012, George Dunlap wrote:
>>
>>> What's the code freeze date for Fedora 18?  There are some people working on
>>> 4.2 support for libvirt, so if that was working within the next month or
>>> two, could it be back-ported to the libvirt in Fedora?
>>
>> The final change deadline is currently 26th November. That may not be an
>> absolute deadline, but you have a better chance of the libvirt team accepting
>> changes before then.
>
> Whenever the patches land upstream I'll be happy to pull them into F18. Even
> if they don't show up for a few months we can always just push an F18 update
> after GA. Of course, sooner would be better :)

I noticed today that a patch for libvirt to work with libxl from xen 4.2
has been sent to the libvir-list
https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2012-November/msg01119.html

I did a bit of testing and got the F18 libvirt to build against xen 4.2
(the patch needed some minor tweaks). I haven't tested if it actually
works.

 	Michael Young