[Fedora-xen] building Xen from SRPM

M A Young m.a.young at durham.ac.uk
Tue Mar 25 21:55:03 UTC 2014

On Tue, 25 Mar 2014, Bill McGonigle wrote:

> In trying to hunt down a memory mapping problem (e801/e802/UEFI/etc. -
> trying out some upstream patches) I'm seeing the current Xen SRPM from
> koji not building on my f20 system.
>
> I'm trying to build xen-4.3.2-1.fc20.src.rpm.  Looking in my SRPMS
> directory, the last one I built locally was xen-4.1.4-5.fc17.src.rpm,
> which completed.
>
> I wasn't successful in finding good docs on dealing with attributes for
> symlinks in a SPEC.  Perhaps somebody on the list has a fix in their own
> tree?
>
> Once I can get it building again, I can pursue the memory issue further.
>
> -Bill
>
> ----
>
> Checking for unpackaged file(s): /usr/lib/rpm/check-files
> /home/flowerpt/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/xen-4.3.2-1.fc20.x86_64
> error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
>   /usr/lib/xen/boot/vtpm-stubdom.gz
>   /usr/lib/xen/boot/vtpmmgr-stubdom.gz

This means you have package(s) installed that the standard build doesn't.
One option is to edit the xen.spec file in ~/SPECS directory to package
these files, eg. add these files after the
/usr/lib/xen/boot/xenstore-stubdom.gz
line, and then build from the revised spec file, ie.
rpmbuild -ba ~/rpmbuild/SPECS/xen.spec

 	Michael Young