Building my own livecd

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 20:55:20 UTC 2010

Hi XFCE users,

I was trying to build my own F12 x86_64 XFCE LiveCD with some
compilers and bash completions but I am having some problems.

I started with the kickstarts available on fedora hosted,
fedora-livecd-xfce.ks
fedora-live-base.ks

I have a CD which supports a maximum of 700 MBs, so I reduced the
--size argument to part to 2772, removed @fonts and included only
three of my favourite fonts. I removed some more default packages to
make space for emacs, gcc, gcc-c++, and bash-completion. I then
included some edits to the %post section of the xfce kickstart to turn
on bash-completions.

Composing against the F12 release and updates repos, I get a 715 MB
image. When I boot the disc with KVM I can't switch to root, it asks me
for the root password.

What could be going wrong? Thanks for any insights.

--
Suvayu