Open Terminal location

suvayu ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 19:57:32 UTC 2010

On 20 November 2010 11:16, David <dgboles at gmail.com> wrote:
> Where in Fedora is the setting for where what folder the terminal opens?
>
> As a$USER it open in /home/$USER/Desktop - This I would like to change.

It doesn't. Are you opening the terminal by right clicking your
desktop and selecting "open terminal here" from the context menu? If
so, then it is supposed to do that. That menu is the same as the menu
you get when right clicking inside thunar.

I would recommend you use Alt+F2 invoke the run dialog and then type
terminal, or select terminal from the XFCE menu. I personally prefer
to put a shortcut to "terminal" on the panel or bind terminal to some
hot key.

>  David

GL

--