Regarding XFCE wiki page

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 18 18:26:15 UTC 2011

Am Dienstag, den 18.01.2011, 12:19 -0600 schrieb Adam Miller:
> On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 01:12:34PM -0500, Brock Hudson wrote:
> > Regarding this page http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Xfce, I noticed that
> > it gives only two options, installing Xfce via yum and using the spin
> > cd. Would it be appropriate to include the DVD, I know by default it
> > doesn't include Xfce but adding 1 additional repository before
> > installation allows you install more than just KDE and Gnome. Could I
> > possibly edit this?

Sure, go ahead! You might want to read
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Help:Editing before you start (if you
haven't worked with a mediawiki before).

> I think that would be a great idea! I'd just be sure to mention that an
> internet connection is required, but other than that I think it would be
> perfect. Adding more options for users to aquire Xfce is certainly a
> great thing.
>
> I've never personally done this method (I always just install with the
> Xfce Spin Live image) so I'm not familiar if adding the extra repo will
> pull in the additional groups and list them in the pacakge config dialog
> in Anaconda. Do you happen to know if that's the case or not? ... just
> random curiousity. :)

It works quite well in the meantime: The repo is preconfigured, it just
needs to be activated and then the Xfce group is available. It even
works over wireless, thanks to NetworkManager.

Regards,
Christoph