More space on the Xfce spin

Ron Leach ronleach at tesco.net
Wed Jan 26 19:39:20 UTC 2011

Christoph Wickert wrote:

> Now the question is: What are we going to do with this space? What would
> you like to see in the F15 Xfce spin?

+ 1 for mc - also something we put onto everything.

We also use GWGET, GSTM (from FC12, I think), and also Filezilla, for
sFTP when offsite.  I think each of these was not on the spin already?

Just to re-iterate, with good internet access, these are merely 'nice
to have' on the spin.  Saves a little time, and could help any newbies
who might not otherwise know of them.  But, without good internet
access, these are pretty useful on the spin so that they become the
basic install on, for example, a netbook - which XFCE does seem to be
suited for, in our view - and immediately 'ready' to be used on the road.

regards, Ron