xdg-open not working for directories

suvayu ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 09:12:00 UTC 2011

Hi Christoph,

On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 1:00 AM, Christoph Wickert
<christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Sorry, it should use fedora-Thunar-folder-handler.desktop
>
> But you are using the wrong mime type anyway: application/x-directory
> was obsoleted i nfavor or inode/directory

I was using application/x-directory because that is what xdg-mime
query returned for a directory. In any case, changing the command
doesn't help either.

$ xdg-mime default fedora-Thunar-folder-handler.desktop inode/directory
$ xdg-open chhobi/

The last command tries to open the directory in evince again.

>> This tries to open the lisp directory in evince. I think something is
>> seriously wrong with my setup. Not sure where I can look.
>
> $ grep directory ~/.local/share/applications/defaults.list
> inode/directory=fedora-Thunar-folder-handler.desktop
> $ grep directory ~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list
> inode/directory=fedora-Thunar-folder-handler.desktop

Out of the above two, after running the "xdg-mime default ..."
command, the first is the same as yours but the second did not have
the inode/directory line. Putting it by hand doesn't change the
behaviour in any way.

--
Suvayu