non-Xfce apps in the xfce-desktop group

suvayu ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 20:41:31 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 12:11 PM, Brock Hudson <escapingsummer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Personally SELinux drives me up the wall sometimes, yes its nice but
> even my own shell scripts occasionally have a problem with it. :(

I think security issues are of the prime importance. If someone wants
not to use SELINUX, its their choice. But having something as
important as the desktop manager on the default spin that doesn't play
well with SELINUX is not a good option in my opinion.

> I do realize it doesn't handle dual screen but doesn't LXDE itself come
> with a disclaimer that it isn't a powerful desktop with all the
> features that most others have, but rather a more conservative approach
> to the desktop?

I think use of XFCE is rather common on mobile platforms like laptops
and netbooks. These are also the platforms which get used in a dual
display configuration rather often (presentations or work with
external monitors at work). FWIW, I use XFCE on my primary desktop and
workstation too and they are all dual screens.

--
Suvayu