Goal: Make XFCE rock in Fedora

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Tue Mar 8 17:40:29 UTC 2011

On Mon, 7 Mar 2011 10:58:43 +0100
Martin Sourada <martin.sourada at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> as some of you might have noticed (on fedora planet) I have switched
> from gnome to xfce and I like xfce very much. However, IMHO there are
> issues that need to be addressed to make xfce a first class citizen. I
> put together an initial list of them in my wiki space:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Mso/XFCE
>
> Feel free to chime in and edit the page (or its Talk: page) if you
> feel something is missing/wrong. Since next major release of xfce
> (4.10) is scheduled for next January we're probably talking here
> about Fedora 17 time frame. So let's join forces and make XFCE rock
> in Fedora 17.

Thanks for working on this Martin! :)

Happy to look at ideas and work to improve Xfce in Fedora.

What are you thinking for panel layout? In the past we have just stuck
pretty close to upstream as this is very much a personal thing, but
perhaps we could look at re-arraging things if enough people expressed
interest or had rationale for changes.

kevin