XFCE 4.8 for EPEL 6

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Fri May 20 15:35:04 UTC 2011

I've been building the XFCE 4.8 stack for EPEL 6 and I think I have the core
components done.

The F15 comps mandatory and default components are:

"mandatory">desktop-backgrounds-compat * See below
"mandatory">Thunar         * Built
"mandatory">xfce-utils     * Built
"mandatory">xfce4-panel    * Built
"mandatory">xfce4-session  * Built
"mandatory">xfce4-settings * Built
"mandatory">xfconf         * Built
"mandatory">xfdesktop      * Built
"mandatory">xfwm4          * Built
"conditional" requires="imsettings">imsettings-xfce  * See below
"conditional" requires="pinentry">pinentry-gtk * Core
"default">gdm       * Core
"default">mousepad  * See below
"default">NetworkManager-gnome  * Core
"default">openssh-askpass       * Core
"default">orage           * Built
"default">polkit-gnome    * Core
"default">Terminal        * Built
"default">thunar-archive-plugin * Built
"default">thunar-volman         * Built
"default">tumbler               * No branch
"default">xarchiver             * Built
"default">xfce4-appfinder       * Built
"default">xfce4-icon-theme      * See below
"default">xfce4-mixer           * Built
"default">xfce4-power-manager   * Built
"default">xfce4-session-engines * Built
"default">xfwm4-theme-nodoka    * See below

I'm assuming we want basically the same structure for el6.  So notes follow:

- EL6 does not appear to have any desktop-backgrounds* packages.  What to do?

- EL6 does not appear to have imsettings-xfce.  What to do?

- Do we really still want xfce4-icon-theme?  It is at version 4.4.3 and
nothing appears to require it.  For the el6 packages, I've patched it to use
gnome-icon-theme.

- Not yet branched for el6: mousepad, tumbler, xfwm4-theme-nodoka.  I'm going
to put in branch requests.

Once I have mousepad, tumbler, and xfwm4-theme-nodoka built I'm going to put
together an update of the above packages.

I'm going to leave it to others to build the various "optional" xfce-desktop
packages.

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                  orion at cora.nwra.com