Using Greybird as default theme ?

Sergio secipolla at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 21:20:46 UTC 2012

On 07/15/2012 05:13 PM, Alexandre Singh wrote:
> I read it a few days ago. My questions were already been discussed, indeed.
> But I thought that pointing this topic with a new discussion was a quite
> good idea.
>
> All what I try to say is, maybe a better looking Xfce spin would be more
> appealing.
> As I said previously, in my own case I really don't care.
> But a lot of users are looking after an alternative to Gnome3 (Gnome2
> refugees for example) and I think that Xfce is the most valuable here.
> But a lot of users will be afraid when they'll see how old and
> "unfinished" is the default theme.
>
> Kind regards :)

Hi Alexandre.
The point is that it ain't really unfinished.
The Adwaita theme is a standard for GTK themes.
The same goes for the gnome icon theme, which is the one Fedora icon
theme inherits. Granted, the icon theme can be somewhat incomplete but I
think any missing icons are looked to be addressed.

Besides that, there's the pointless discussion of taste.
Not to mention the frustration of a good looking desktop that doesn't
work...
And on top of that, take an Xfce distro that is made to 'look good':
http://voyager.legtux.org/
That's simply completely out of question for many Xfce users (like me) ;-)