How can we improve the spin?

Sergio secipolla at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 13:53:24 UTC 2012

I have another observation.
I wouldn't ship Midori with the spin.
It isn't an Xfce app. It uses git.xfce.org but it's an Elementary
Project app.*
It isn't so lightweight on resources. It's small but that's because it
uses the stock webkit-gtk engine which isn't small (but, granted, GIMP
needs it too so the spin doesn't get much larger).
But most importantly, it's unusable currently as it crashes everywhere
and Firefox does the job pretty well.

* I used to use Midori as I translated it back then and kept always
running the development version. I'm not a programmer so I can't say if
one thing has to do with the other but ever since Christian (the main
dev) started focusing on GTK3 support and that Ubuntu
'menu-on-the-panel' thing Midori went downhill. Mainly, I suppose,
because the stock webkit-gtk engine browser crashes everywhere and so
does Midori.