firefox-problems

dick kampman dkampman at xs4all.nl
Sun Mar 4 12:29:03 UTC 2012

dear list,

I am an longterm linux-user, since 1995. I have used much different
distros.

I have installed xfce-fedora on two laptops (Toshiba Satellite; Acer
Travelmate 5720).

The reason for choosing XFCE is that Gnome3 and Unity do not give me
satisfactory possibilities in working with Linux.

Now, I have a problem with using sound under firefox. The
TOSHIBA-xfce-fedora version did not give troubles with sound under
YOUTUBE. There are two plugins: IcedTea... and Shockware Flash...

Helas, with the installation under ACER however, only the IcedTea-Plugin
is installed. I cannot understand the difference for the 2 laptops.

Is a member of this list capable to explain this to me?

with kind regards,

Dick Kampman
dkampman at xs4all.nl
Groningen, Netherlands