Is xfce4-mixer detecting the default audio card (pulseaudio) in F18?

Sergio secipolla at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 20:25:44 UTC 2012

Hi.
xfce4-mixer 4.10 wasn't giving me a choice to use the 'default' card
(pulseaudio). It used to in F17.
I even downgraded to v. 4.8 but it just shows the alsa card.
Of course even alsamixer shows the default pulseaudio card and pnmixer too.

I don't understand about this but it seems xfce4-mixer is a gstreamer
thing and maybe isn't supposed to work like alsamixer.
I have just the basics for gstreamer as I use vlc/deadbeef which don't
need it so it's here mostly because of webkitgtk, qt-config etc., these
unrelated stuff.

$ yum list installed *gstreamer*
gstreamer.i686                        0.10.36-2.fc18          @fedora

gstreamer-plugins-base.i686           0.10.36-3.fc18          @fedora

gstreamer-tools.i686                  0.10.36-2.fc18          @fedora

gstreamer1.i686                       1.0.2-1.fc18
@updates-testing
gstreamer1-plugins-base.i686          1.0.2-1.fc18
@updates-testing

It still looks like there's some bug somewhere as xfce4-mixer should
detect the default card.

Thoughts?