Question about lightdm and display-manager.service

Sergio secipolla at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 13:32:16 UTC 2012

Hi.
I'm using F18 upgraded from f17 with yum.
IIRC, F17 had /usr/lib/systemd/system/graphical.target.wants/<something>
to start the display manager (someone using it could clear that up).
After the upgrade that directory is empty. I had to create a symlink
from /usr/lib/systemd/system/lightdm.service to
/usr/lib/systemd/system/display-manager.service otherwise lightdm
couldn't be started, of course.

Now, the issue is that that's an upgrade bug for systemd or for lightdm.
I would like to open a bug report for it so could someone using F17 post
exactly how graphical.target is linked (general sense, not symlink) to
lightdm.service in F17?