heads up about f18+ and lid/power buttons

Raphael Groner raphgro at web.de
Tue Oct 23 10:38:51 UTC 2012

Am Mon, 22 Oct 2012 12:00:10 +0000
schrieb xfce-request at lists.fedoraproject.org:

> Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 12:24:51 -0600
> From: Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com>
> To: xfce at lists.fedoraproject.org
> Subject: Re: heads up about f18+ and lid/power buttons

{…}
> I think the best option here is for xfce4-power-manager to inhibit
> systemd when it's running and handle all those events as the user
> wishes. Unfortunately, that requires upstream code.

As written already:
Maybe it's better to disable systemd's power management for the Xfce
spin, till all that issues are fixed for sure.

Look into /etc/systemd/logind.conf, propably a working solution so far
for the Xfce Live CD. On installed systems, the user should be able to
decide what component is allowed to handle power management, it can go
well with a disabled systemd component in case of xfce4-power-manager,
or in doubt then vice-versa.

I wonder if that can be an upstream solution for the long run, and what
other distribution with usage of systemd as a replacement for init would
do about this issue here.

> kevin

Raphael