F18: GNOME-Keyring is not unlocked after login

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 11:35:48 UTC 2013

Am Mittwoch, den 09.01.2013, 10:52 +0100 schrieb Matthias Runge:

> Nevertheless, for ssh-sessions, I still need to unlock a key manually,
> either by providing the corresponding password after typing ssh (some
> location) or by adding that specific identity via ssh-add

That is something different. The ssh-agent of gnome-keyring will only
work in GNOME. IIRC it relies on an environment variable only available
when gnome-session is running. There was a bug about it, but I am too
lazy to look for it now. If you google a little, you should find it and
some ugly workarounds (none of them are suitable to be shipped in any
form).

Kind regards,
Christoph