spins size changes

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at gmail.com
Mon May 20 21:18:20 UTC 2013

Am Montag, den 20.05.2013, 21:50 +0200 schrieb Zoltan Hoppar:

> I'd like to also add the following apps:
>

> - PnMixer for sound management (500 k), as PulseAudio has never will
> have tray app

I don't see what it offers over xfce4-mixer and it's plugin. ANd it's
crashing for people with more than one soundcard or USB soundcards.

> - epdfview (407 k)

Dead upstream, that's why we switched to evince-gtk.

> - atop (100 k) - not a must, but very versatile, multifunctional
> top-like app

I like this on, not sure if we should focus on console apps on a desktop
spin.

> - gnote (if it's not added - 3 megs)

Dead upstream, I still maintain and use it in the LXDE spin, but for
Xfce we should IHMO stick to the xfce4-notes-plugin.

> - As we have Asunder, maybe good idea to have Easytag (5 megs), or
> Tagtool (870k)

We already have this in thunar through the thunar-media-tags-plugin and
thunar-bulk-rename (which can deal with tags, too).

> - Fpm2 - lightweight password manager (362 k)

Never tried it.

> - mtpaint as image editor, because gimp is too big (570 k, no deps,
> pygtk)

Not really usefull IHMO.

Thanks for your suggestions. I think we should focus on bringing the
best of *Xfce*, but I am looking forward to hear more opinions.

Best regards,
Christoph