Xfce freeze ups

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 06:37:37 UTC 2013

On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 18:38:44 -0600
Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > On that note, have I just missed it in the repos or are the places
> > panel plugin and keyboard switch plugin missing in epel? I got ibus
> > working but it can switch only between English and Japanese, but I
> > also need an easy and quick way to switch to and from Czech keyboard
> > layout.
>
> They may be. If they work with the version in epel, I'd be happy to
> branch and (co)maintain them.
xfce4-xkb-plugin is buildable in version 0.5.3.3-6.fc15, just a small change
so that the xklavier patch (centos 6 has xklavier 4) applies.

$ diff xfce4-xkb-plugin.spec xfce4-xkb-plugin.spec.new
35c35
< %if 0%{?fedora} > 11
---
> %if 0%{?fedora} > 11 || 0%{?rhel} >= 6

It seems to work correctly (layouts are present, short-cut for switching
works).

xfce4-places-plugins rebuilds fine with the f20 version. It seems to work,
but opens menu in the top-right corner. I'll see if the issue persist after
log-out/log-in.

Martin