display question

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 21:58:38 UTC 2014

On Wed, 5 Mar 2014 20:57:06 +0000 (UTC)
Beartooth wrote:

> On Tue, 04 Mar 2014 19:02:32 +0000, Frank Murphy wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 1 Mar 2014 21:02:13 +0000 (UTC)
> > Beartooth <beartooth at comcast.net> wrote:
> >

> >> 	How do I tell fedora-xfce, once and for all, to display *all*
> >> the subfolders, *including* the "hidden" dot-folders, every single last
> >> time I open *any* folder, now and forever, world without end?
> >>
> >> 	I'm in the midst of a dismal clean-up operation, and I'm
> >> going nuts, having to re-set that setting all the time.
> >>

> > Try:
> > ~/thunarrc LastShowHidden=TRUE
>
> 	Not being quite sure of the ~ notation, I've been searching
> everywhere and with every search tool I can find -- and I haven't managed
> to come upon any thunarrc anywhere. (I'm not sure, btw, whether xfce is
> running thunar or something else.) I found in several (apparently
> different) places files called thunar-settings or the like; but I didn't
> find anything about dot- or hidden files there.

Actually, I believe it's in Settings Editor (found in Applications menu ->
Settings) under thunar -> last-show-hidden. But from my experience Thunar
remembers the setting when once changed (eg. by View -> Show Hidden Files).
Or are you on a live system without persistent storage? Even if thunar
used rc file for this (which I haven't checked) it would have been somewhere
in ~/.config or ~/.local, definitely not directly in ~ (the ~ means user
home, usually /home/username).

Regards,
Martin