cryptic terminal/browser errors

Beartooth beartooth at comcast.net
Thu Mar 27 14:28:36 UTC 2014

	When I click on a link in my email (Alpine on F20, fully
updated), I get: "The history couldn't be loaded: attached databases must
use the same text encoding as main database."

	That's with Midori as preferred browser.

	With Qupzilla, the error message reads: "Failed to execute child
process "Qupzilla" (No such file or directory)." Similarly with Rekonq,
Seamonkey, and uzbl.

	With Dillo, Epiphany, Konqueror, Firefox, Opera, Arora,
Kazehakase, Mosaic, or surf, as the preferred browser, the link works.

	(Browsers not in the F20 repos (as of last time I looked) are not
installed; so I didn't test them.)

Remember I have precious (very precious!) little idea where up is.