I have two servers running with multi master replication. The servers are
running RHEL 7.4 with 389-ds installed via yum using the rhel-7-server-rpms
repository. The hosts are behind a load balancer and all client access is through
the load balancer.
I would like to upgrade to the latest release available in rhel-7-server-rpms. I
have the following packages installed related to 389ds:
Only two of those packages appear to have updates available; 389-ds-base and 389-ds-base-libs.
Is this the correct procedure?
- remove server1 from the load balancer config to halt client requests
- stop the dirsrv and dirsrv-admin services on server1
- run "yum upgrade 389-ds-base 389-ds-base-libs" on server1
- run "setup-ds-admin.pl -u" on server1
- restart dirsrv and dirsrv-admin on server1
- verify replication is still working
- add server1 back to load balancer config
- repeat steps 1-7 on server2
I presume that replication will continue to work after upgrading server1 but before
upgrading server2. I believe that at step 4, I don't *also* have to run "setup-ds.pl".
Is that correct?