tamarin p wrote:
2009/4/21 Rich Megginson <rmeggins(a)redhat.com
tamarin p wrote:
I'm running into some problems when trying to add some alias
entries and importing with ldapmodify or ldif2db. I'm using
the directory server version 1.2.0.
Example of LDIF
When I run this I get:
ldapmodify: Object class violation (65)
additional info: single-valued attribute
"aliasedObjectName" has multiple values
Same when I use ldif2db.. What am I doing wrong?
The application running on top of the ldap uses aliases as pointers
and the objectclass exists in the schemata for FDS, so there isnt a
requirement that the aliases get dereferenced by the ldap. In any case
it currently uses an older fedorads version.
I discovered that that if I changed dn:
aliasedobjectname="ou=foo,dc=test,dc=com",ou=bar,ou=test,dc=com in the
LDIF to dn:
(escape the commas instead of surrounding "" for the alias part in the
dn), then I could add the entry and it seems to look ok in an ldap
browser and satisfy whatever it is the application uses it for. Should
the two be considered equivalent?
Yes. The double quoted style is deprecated - the
\ escapes should be
Then, when I dump the database to ldif with db2ldif, the entry is
represented the same way: escaped comma for the alias part. One
Strange thing is I could have sworn I added the same ldif with
""-aliases in FDS 1.1.3 and not only that: The ldif itself is actually
dumped from a FDS 7.x server (which has schema checking off, if that
could explain how they the entries were added in the first place).
believe it has anything to do with schema checking.
Were there any changes between 1.1.3 and 1.2.0 that could explain
Not that I am aware of. I think we did fix some bugs in DN parsing and
normalization - it's possible we broke the double quote behavior.
Also it does not appear to have broken replication of those aliases
(tested with a quick replica initialize that I didn't run long enough
to finish more than 20% of the db, I'll run the whole init tonight)
between the 7.x and 1.2.0 server so maybe it's just tools issue.. but
if so it happened with both ldif2db and ldapmodify from openldap-clients.
Fedora-directory-users mailing list