I was following the instructions at  and I found an error regarding
how Samba tries to add its domain to the directory.
[12/Dec/2005:11:18:36 -0200] - Entry
"sambaDomainName=MYDOMAIN,dc=example,dc=com" -- attribute
It seems like a schema verification problem. Anyway, my fix was to add
it manually with the following LDIF:
The SID is the one I got from a previous install using OpenLDAP. After
forcing the add of MYDOMAIN the command 'net getlocalsid' works and
reports another SID which I've altered updated in the directory.
Just in case anyone has got the same problem.. I'll repeat the process
another time and try to write a small tutorial on it.
Giovanni P. Tirloni