December 6th, 2012
Matt Wagner (Awesome)
Followup items from last week
- organize personas wiki page? - need update from Andy
- @realjustinclift to team page - Matt will try and do that today
- featured page - close for now, Publicity Cabal will talk and come back with more specific requests
- contribute page - Jirka will have it done for next milestone
- redmine wiki move to github - Mo has gotten some responses
- audrey wiki can be moved pretty easily
- aeolus-cli doesn't seem to have one
- we will start with audrey wiki, develop a documented process
- bad links in google? - follow up with Francesco to see if it still happens
New/Old Github items
- about pages broken in chrome (missing div) - Matt
- favicon - Andy will look into that
- Conference presentations - close
- Document nightly build to website - Jirka
- github milestones - create our first milestone for Dec 21st
- Mayan apocalypse - no Matt, the Mayans didn't really think the world would end in 2012
- ideas for the next milestone (after Dec 21st)
- combine get it/use it?
- more dynamic - feature wiki content, blog tags
- consider personas - how can they find the information they want on the website?
- work these ideas over email, discuss at next cabal
FYI. Last night Fedorahosted fixed the issue corrupting some mailing
list messages in the archives.
The fedorahosted email archives were re-generated and re-indexed in
the process, so all bookmarks pointing to them will need updating.
Dan MacPherson's "ACA Side Topic - Proposal: templates.aeolusproject.org"
email from back in June can now be found here, completely intact:
Begin forwarded message:
> From: "Fedora Infrastructure" <trac(a)fedorahosted.org>
> Subject: [Fedora Infrastructure] #3366: Busted project email archives on fedorahosted.org :(
> Date: 28 June 2012 12:35:21 PM GMT+02:00
> To: undisclosed-recipients:;
> Reply-To: nobody(a)fedoraproject.org
> #3366: Busted project email archives on fedorahosted.org :(
> Reporter: justinclift | Owner: sysadmin-members
> Type: bug | Status: new
> Priority: blocker | Milestone:
> Component: General | Version:
> Severity: The Sky Is Falling | Keywords:
> Blocked By: | Blocking:
> = bug description =
> Just discovered a serious problem with the fedorahosted.org email
> At least some of our (important) messages are missing large amounts of
> For example, this important Aeolus Community email, which we want to
> direct people towards as reference:
> It's only '''1 sentence''' in your archives. 95% of it is missing. :(
> The '''full''' version of it is included below. (significantly longer)
> How do we go about getting this fixed? (and preferably making sure it
> doesn't happen again)
Aeolus Cloud Evangelist
The Fourth Deltacloud API Community call will be held on:
Thursday, 06th December @ 1700 until 1730 CET (Prague, Brno, GMT+1)
(which means 0800 PST (US West Coast, GMT-8) or 1100 EST (US East
Anyone interested in the Deltacloud project is very welcome to join us.
We are using Google+ Hangouts again for this call. If you want to join
us, all you need to do is to setup a Google+ account and send us your
email, so we can invite you. All are welcome!
Agenda is http://openetherpad.org/DeltacloudCall
Attendees: Jarda Coufal, Jiri Tomasek, Tzu-Mainn Chen, Francesco Vollero, Tomas Sedovic
* *FOSDEM* - Tomas and Justin have already submitted proposals; Jaromir will be submitting a proposal about alchemy, Francesco about integrating Katello and Aeolus
* *Red Hat Brno Dev Conference* - Tomas and Petr Blaho/Jirka Stransky have submitted; Justin may hvae
* *Linux.conf.au* - Mainn will follow up with Andy/Dan about getting some information about their talk to publicize
* *Sprints* - We will blog about Sprints at the start and the end. Mainn will follow up with Angus and Mike about what is being planned for each Sprint
* *Presentations from Brno* - length of videos an issue; Jirka will have this resolved
* *Aeolus Release* - upstream release in mid-January; start promoting in the beginning of January. TIM and OpenStack integration are the big items
* *Release (Other)* - follow up with Justin to see if other components have upcoming release dates; Jaromir mentions that Alchemy is intended to be released monthly, but
currently has a blocker
* *DevTools (Conductor on Ubuntu)* - Mainn will talk to Mike Orazi
* *Red Hat Summit* - proposal notes are on Matt's whiteboard
* *JRuby* - Tomas has some ideas, will work with Francesco
* *TakeOff 2013* - Jaromir has a lightning talk about Alchemy accepted, waiting on budget approval
* *Twitter* - start twittering more to publicize our blog posts: beginning/end of sprint, etc
Next weeks agenda can be found here:
Notice we have no new points for discussion.
I have removed many of the items that were on last weeks agenda, since
we agreed many of the points should be first solved on the list/irc. If
you feel you need to readd any of these points, please drop them in.
Unfortunately, the old link to the Agenda is down (since
openetherpad.org is down) if you added agenda items to the old etherpad
page this week, please add them to the new page at the link above.
The normal deadline for Agenda items is end of play today (to give
people time to prepare), but since we've had problems with etherpad feel
free to add items tomorrow (be aware though that people will not be
prepared for items added last minute).