Fedora 15 Test Day, Test Day:2011-04-28 Cloud SIG. :)
A great opportunity to try out the new Fedora 15 software. :v)
Please have a great day and/or evening! :~)
- David -
Even monkeys fall from trees.
Even experts make mistakes.
Fedora Project's Japan & Maryland Ambassador dramsey(a)fedoraproject.org http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Dramsey
* Three (3) dual core systems with 8.0 GB of RAM running the Fedora 14 (Laughlin)
kernel - 126.96.36.199-90.fc14.x86_64
* One (1) dual core system with 8.0 GB of RAM running the Fedora 15 (Lovelock) kernel - 188.8.131.52-17.fc15.x86_64
* One (1) dual core system with 8.0 GB of RAM running the Fedora 16 (Verne) kernel - 2.6.39-0.rc3.git2.0.fc16.x86_64
* Two (2) dual core systems with 3.0 GB of RAM running the Fedora 14 (Laughlin)
kernel - 184.108.40.206-90.fc14.i686.PAE
* One (1) dual core system with 3.0 GB of RAM running the Fedora 15 (Lovelock) kernel - 220.127.116.11-17.fc15.i686
* One (1) dual core system with 3.0 GB of RAM running the Fedora 16 (Verne) kernel - 2.6.39-0.rc3.git2.0.fc16.i686
* One (1) dual core system with 3.0 GB of RAM running the Red Hat 6
(Beta) kernel - 2.6.32-19.el6.i686
With sixteen (16) x86_64 computing cores, 80 GB of RAM and eight SATA
Seagate 7200.12 - 500 GB harddisks.
I am so happy to announce that on behalf of Fedora Chinese community
team,I am in process of preparing the online event of Fedora 15 launching
day in our China area. I send this mail to all of you so that you could know
how about my plan and what our event will be. *Please remeber to send CC to
me if you are willing to say anything about this event. *
To call for all exist and potential user of Fedora keep focusing on Fedora
15 and try to use it.
To attract potential Fedora contributors to join Fedora project as
contributor, and dig excellent ones to be ambassadors
To give a big push of Fedora 15 come out
To let more and more people know Fedora project
To distribute media of Fedora 15
The whole week during Fedora 15 releasing
http:// t.sina.com.cn (Chinese name Sina Weibo, which is Chinese type of
(Sina WeiBo is the most famous local Chinese twitter with millions of active
users. They are from different fields of work.)
Official Weibo of Fedora Chinese (http://t.sina.com.cn/fzug)
1. Making news of Fedora 15, Fedora community on Sina Weibo through our
official Weibo there. Attract more people go to focus us as our fans.
2. Work with Fedora APAC team to prepare some small gift for the event. Also
get some help for preparing CDs and DVDs of Fedora 15.
3. Work with Fedora Design team to prepare Fedora related stickers, posters,
and those things of Fedora 15.
4. Work with Fedora Marketing team to do more promotion work for Fedora in
China and paying effort to attract more linux users to come to focus on
* Warm -up Activity* (Time sets to one or two weeks before F15 launch)
1. Translate and publish out F15 related news, introduction about Fedora 15.
Keep pushing those information to our Fedora Chinese site and Sina Twitter.
2. Focus on the most active users interactive with us, go to communicate and
let them join us
3. Publish 1st warm-up activity online through Sina Weibo with the topic of
"Why you love Fedora?". Feedback active ones with prepared stickers or small
4. Keep frequently updating the news, introduction of Fedora 15 through
*Launching Day and week*
1. Translate and update important part of ReleaseNote of Fedora 15, push to
2. Open the main online event with the topic of "Say Hello to Fedora 15".
Keep this warm up all that day.
(considering if need to invite some Fedora expert in China to make an
online QA for Fedora 15.)
3. Publish the lucky user list who join our main online event with feedback
them small gifts and CDs of Fedora 15.
4. Keep the main event until whole week with aiming at attract more people
come to focus Fedora. Team will focus on taking the ones most interested
with Fedora, go to communicate and invite them join us.
*QA and Media Distribution*
1. Keep warm up our Sina WeiBo and community after launching day with
considering plenty of questions will come for Fedora 15. Team will try our
best to answer and feedback to all people in our community and WeiBo.
2. Confirm media preparation, select active users and push them some CDs or
3. Try to satisfy at least 100 persons who want to love Fedora and send them
Fedora 15 CDs
*End of event*
*Contributor and Ambassador digging*
Will ask all exist ambassadors and mentor in China area try to get some
really Fedora users and who want to contribute join as contributor.
Ambassadors and mentors will go on looking into them to discover excellent
ones and recommend them as ambassador.
All of above is my plan for the online event for Fedora 15 in China area.
It's my pleasure to hear your voice, suggestions and advice. Thank you very
Yours Sincerely ☺ Haowei 'cnblue' Lee
Chief Administrator of FZUG (Fedora Chinese User Group)
Our Sina Twitter: http://t.sina.com.cn/fzug
Fedora Project Ambassador - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:cnblue
[IRC] Haowei @ freenode
Fingerprint=C85D 5BB5 918A E6AF 0704 463B 50B8 23E0 0FBC 573E
I don't see anything on the Events page about a Fedora presence at Libre
Graphics Meeting this year.
Am I looking in the wrong place, or are we not attending?
Fedora has been asked to sponsor, and I am trying to figure out what to
Knowing what the Fedora Ambassadors and Design teams are doing would be
Apologies for lack of timeliness. Life popped up and reared its head.
Also, apologies for cross-posting, but wanted to catch folks on both
This mail is a recap of the FUDCon NA location discussion we had at last
week's NA ambassadors' meeting; I volunteered to recap and re-schedule a
continuation/conclusion of the discussion.
Please note: If you have any comments, questions, objections, etc. to
anything I've laid out below, by all means, please respond. This mail,
in case you're not wanting to look above, is sent to fudcon-planning,
and cc'd to Ambassadors-list, since the ambassadors' meeting is where
the original discussion took place - and I'd like to try and corral the
mail to fudcon-planning, if at all possible.
At the 2011-04-19 NA Ambassadors' meeting, we discussed, as requested,
the two candidates for the upcoming NA FUDCon, to be held in late
We attempted to utilize the spreadsheet that was used for LATAM FUDCon
decision-making, but didn't quite understand the context of some of the
questions. (IE: "Located in NA." Yes, the NA FUDCon *should* be located
in NA - should this be a rank of how good the location is? Not sure. Etc.)
After some confusion, we came to the consensus that perhaps we should
just discuss the merits of both proposals. Which we did, and then ran
out of time after an hour of discussion, with no decision as to a
I'd like to propose that we have a special meeting to wrap up this
discussion. Based on availability of the folks making proposals, I'd
like to set a time of THIS Wednesday, April 27, at 9PM Eastern, 6PM
Pacific, in #fudcon-planning.
Before we get to the meeting-time, however, I'd like to cover a few
bases (aka, next steps):
1.) Do we want to reassess the idea of using the spreadsheet, or work
without it? I think it may be more handy when we have more than 2 bids.
Are there any ways to measure where a FUDCon should be that we should be
taking into consideration?
2.) Come up with a brief agenda for the meeting so that we can use
everyone's time as wisely as possible, and come to a decision on
recommendation by the end of that hour. THE AGENDA NEEDS TO BE CREATED
AS FAR IN ADVANCE AS POSSIBLE, preferably over the course of today, so
that people can prep as needed. If there are any discussion topics you'd
like to see, please pop into #fudcon-planning at any time today and make
it known, or alternately, send an email to the fudcon planning list.
3.) Ensure that we have a timeline for follow-up and final decision -
Jared, can you please make sure this is on FAMSCo's agenda for this
weekend, and that you can attend or send an alternate, and arrange a
date for next week to do any final decision-making / announcing? (Red
Hat Summit is next week, so I'd like to make sure we can get a decision
out prior to departure for that event, which may mean Monday - but I
don't want to leave people hanging for another week.)
This mail is a reminder for today's meeting for the French speaking community.
2011-04-25 / 18:30 UTC
Ce mail est un rappel pour la réunion de la communauté francophone, qui aura lieu ce lundi (25 avril) à 20h30 heure de Paris sur IRC (freenode) #fedora-meeting .
L'ordre du jour est disponible depuis cette page :
N'hésitez pas à le modifier pour rajouter des sujets qui vous semblent intéressants.
Merci de répondre à ce message en cas d'indisponibilité.
Hello All :)
The fedora-uk.org site is coming along in leaps and bounds, we're
getting more contributors and it's starting to get more content on it.
However we have a problem, our site needs a new banner and will that
in mind we're doing our first Fedora UK competition. Pretty
straightforward, we need a new site banner which will be displayed on
our front page -
Why note have a go and add your entries here -
Just a bit of fun, the only prize you'll get is knowing your image
will be displayed on another Fedora related website and you'll also
get the gracious thanks for the UK community, as small as it
is.....FOR THE MOMENT!!!!!
Once we have a few images [if we get a few images] then the UK irc
channel #fedora-uk on freenode, will vote for the one we like the best
Have fun and thanks.
FAmSCo had its weekly meeting today. Updated agenda can be found here:
 and meeting minutes here 
In a nutshell this is what is keeping us busy:
* Organising a China event together with Mozilla
* Organizing an African FAD in Nairobi
* Making sure we follow the schedule
* Supporting LibreBus initiative in Central America
* Finalizing ambassador-wide survey
* Rewards for Release Party teams
* .. and more!
Feel free to chime in on those subjects or ask any questions. More
updates to follow..
Until then, take care and spread the love of Fedora!
Chair of FAmSCo
PGP key: 0x6130DBF8
liknus @ GRnet , Freenode