as I said at Flock, I'd like to make t-shirts who would not only be for
contributors, but also for users. At events such as FOSDEM, we meet a
lot of loyal, long-term users who beg us for t-shirts. We cannot sell
them, but we give them away in limited numbers (say <= per one large
I've asked Masha of the design team to make some design for us. And
here are some mockups: https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/ticket/406
I'd like to hear from others how they like them or if they have
I have recently moved to College Station, Texas for study, and will
stay here for quite some time. I'd like to meet the local community
here. Are there any local Fedora ambassadors here?
Thank you for this info, I'm planning several short presentations about
Fedora Project at the University of Galati, Romania, and I did not know from
where / how to get Fedora 11 CDs / DVDs.
To reduce your load a bit, we had assigned a few tickets to Izhar for
reimbursement. However, Izhar's tickets haven't been reimbursed yet.
Is it fine if I re-assign them all to you, so that you can do the
On a related note, we'd also like to request an additional community
card in APAC so that such reimbursements don't wait indefinitely. If
that's fine, we can nominate one of us for such a card. Please let us
I did this for a couple of releases and Amit asked me to write a wiki
doc to describe how I went about it. Here it is:
It's well timed too since it looks like I won't be able to do this for
F23 given that I am traveling. Please cc and refer me on requests
(sid AT reserved-bit DOT com or siddhesh AT fedoraproject DOT org)
since it might help get the same good rates that we have been getting
in the past releases.
Fedora 23 is just around corner and we haven't discussed media production yet. For F22, produced 2,000 Workstation DVDs and 1,000 Alternative Desktops DVDs.
A couple of facts:
* the minimal amount to order is 1,000
* 2,000 DVDs of Workstation was just enough for this cycle, we ran out of them just a couple of weeks before a new release, we still have a couple of hundred of Alternative Desktops ones though.
* unit price if you produce 1,000 is 40% higher than if you produce 2,000.
We can go with the same amounts again, at the regional meeting, someone suggested that we should go with a lower amount. In this case, it would make sense to only produce the minimal amount of Workstation ones.
Status of DVD alternatives:
* USB sticks are still >10x more expensive than DVDs unfortunately, they're faulty and too slow to load. Not an option to fully replace DVDs nowadays.
* we've released a 'Getting Started with Fedora' handbook, it doesn't include any media with Fedora, but tells users how to create one and provides much more info about Fedora. And it's very close to DVDs price-wise: https://eischmann.wordpress.com/2015/10/14/getting-started-with-fedora-ha...
Ambassadors, Attention please!!!!!
Date is getting closer and closer for our annual FAD to get our numbers
for the region fixed for the next fiscal year.
IF YOU want to be part of the outstanding FAD which will be held this
year in Budapest, organized by our Hungarian Ambassadors, register
yourself immediatly at  and if you need support to get there, don´t
forget to fire a ticket into trac ...
See u all in BUDAPEST