Corey and I are going to be at the Fedora booth at LISA in DC next
week. I've been told we have extra expo (but not conference) passes if
anyone is interested in joining us.
Fedora Project Leader
Fedora 23 is just around corner and we haven't discussed media production yet. For F22, produced 2,000 Workstation DVDs and 1,000 Alternative Desktops DVDs.
A couple of facts:
* the minimal amount to order is 1,000
* 2,000 DVDs of Workstation was just enough for this cycle, we ran out of them just a couple of weeks before a new release, we still have a couple of hundred of Alternative Desktops ones though.
* unit price if you produce 1,000 is 40% higher than if you produce 2,000.
We can go with the same amounts again, at the regional meeting, someone suggested that we should go with a lower amount. In this case, it would make sense to only produce the minimal amount of Workstation ones.
Status of DVD alternatives:
* USB sticks are still >10x more expensive than DVDs unfortunately, they're faulty and too slow to load. Not an option to fully replace DVDs nowadays.
* we've released a 'Getting Started with Fedora' handbook, it doesn't include any media with Fedora, but tells users how to create one and provides much more info about Fedora. And it's very close to DVDs price-wise: https://eischmann.wordpress.com/2015/10/14/getting-started-with-fedora-ha...
This mail is a reminder for today's meeting for the French speaking community.
2015-11-02 / 20:30 (hour of Paris)
Ce mail est un rappel pour la réunion de la communauté francophone, qui aura lieu ce lundi ( 2 novembre) à 20h30 heure de Paris sur IRC (freenode) #fedora-meeting-1 .
L'ordre du jour est disponible depuis cette page :
N'hésitez pas à le modifier pour rajouter des sujets qui vous semblent intéressants.
Merci de répondre à ce message en cas d'indisponibilité.