I'll be travelling to Serbia next week and staying there for Christmas.
Is there anybody there related to Fedora or FOSS that you're aware of?
I would like to organise a Release Party.
Hey all, the weekly FAmNA meeting tonight just finished. The minutes and
logs are all below. As a quick summary of important things:
(1) Fedora 25 is GO for Tuesday, Nov. 22, 2016
(2) Release party planning resources on the Community Blog
(3) Few Pagure bugs will be fixed soon
(4) No meeting next Thursday because of US Thanksgiving
Our next meeting will be December 1, 2016, at the usual time. See you
= = = = =
Meeting ended Fri Nov 18 02:37:48 2016 UTC.
* * * * *
#fedora-meeting: Fedora Ambassadors of North America - 2016 Nov. 17
Meeting started by jflory7 at 02:00:00 UTC. The full logs are available
* === FAmNA Roll Call === (jflory7, 02:00:06)
* award3535 is traveling to a local LUG meeting and is not able to
attend tonight (jflory7, 02:00:24)
* === Announcements === (jflory7, 02:11:51)
* === Fedora 25 is a GO! === (jflory7, 02:12:00)
* Fedora 25 was officially given the green light today. It will be
coming to a server near you on Tuesday, Nov. 22nd, 2016. Watch the
Fedora Magazine for more information! (jflory7, 02:12:32)
* === "Where to point newcomers to Fedora" === (jflory7, 02:12:43)
* The Fedora Join SIG is the group that helps interact with newcomers
and guide them into places to contribute in the project. Learn more
about the SIG and how you can get involved if you'd like! (jflory7,
* === "Fedora 25: Let’s have an awesome release party!" === (jflory7,
* Fedora 25 is right around the corner and we have a definite date.
Now is a good time to begin planning a release party! You can find
some resources in this post on the Community Blog. (jflory7,
* LINK: http://tinyurl.com/Live-respins2 (linuxmodder, 02:16:56)
* === Tickets === (jflory7, 02:18:32)
* === Ticket #158 === (jflory7, 02:19:01)
* LINK: https://pagure.io/ambassadors-na/tasks/issue/158 (jflory7,
* Assuming this ticket was supposed to be removed from the meeting
agenda since it was already approved - it is being removed now, and
if there is more to discuss, it can be re-added later (jflory7,
* === Ticket #153 === (jflory7, 02:21:18)
* LINK: https://pagure.io/ambassadors-na/tasks/issue/153 (jflory7,
* jsandys is working on an event report, but overall, the event was a
success (jflory7, 02:22:27)
* Reimbursement will be needed for the t-shirts, jsandys will work on
filing a ticket (jflory7, 02:24:33)
* AGREED: Removing this ticket from the meeting agenda and will follow
up as needed - ticket can be closed once event report is completed
* === Open Floor === (jflory7, 02:26:03)
* A few remaining bugs with Pagure will be fixed soon. This includes
(1) wrong links being sent in emails for our Pagure, and (2)
attachments not using the right URL for tickets we imported (like
the Budget ticket) (jflory7, 02:26:46)
* Red Hat is out of funds for the rest of FY17 and will not be able to
help support any Fedora events until FY18 (jflory7, 02:27:32)
* jsandys learned about costs for next year's LFNW while at SeaGL.
10ft space is $1500, Friday game night and Saturday party are $2000.
Dates are May 6-7, 2017. (jflory7, 02:29:53)
* jsandys will also attend the December meeting of the Seattle Python
group and give away a Fedora <3 Python t-shirt (jflory7, 02:33:37)
* No meeting next week because of Thanksgiving! Enjoy the day off with
friends and family! (jflory7, 02:37:30)
Meeting ended at 02:37:48 UTC.
Action Items, by person
People Present (lines said)
* jflory7 (83)
* juggler (11)
* linuxmodder (11)
* zodbot (11)
* AndChat|266961 (11)
* reher (1)
* jsandys (0)
Generated by `MeetBot`_ 0.1.4
.. _`MeetBot`: http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot
Justin W. Flory
Who is interested to represent Fedora at the Chaos Communication
Congress in Hamburg, Germany from 27 December to 30 December? It is a
huge congress (12.000+ visitors) from all over the world. Unlike other
events it will be open non-stop from Day zero (preparation day on 26
December) till Day 4 (30 December). If you want to attend or are
considering it, please add yourself to the table at
This email is targeted towards the Ambassadors of North America (FAmNA),
although this info might be helpful for others in other regions looking
to plan their own migrations as well.
As of Wednesday afternoon, the FAmNA Trac was migrated over to its new
home in Pagure.
== What does this mean? ==
As discussed in past meetings, our Trac is being phased out and we are
making the jump to Pagure for hosting our tickets and future
discussions. Currently, only the public FAmNA Trac was migrated (the
private, FAmNA Requests repository will require careful consideration
because of its data). As of now, the Trac for FAmNA is read-only, so new
tickets cannot be created or modified (unless you are a Trac admin).
From now on, all of our discussions and tickets will be here. It's
worth spending some time familiarizing yourself with the Pagure
interface if you haven't already, but you should find it a little
friendlier to use than Trac was. To help make the migration easier, I've
explained some things about the migration below.
== What happened to components, milestones, and fields? ==
The primary way that tickets will be sorted in Pagure is by tags. In the
import, it migrated some of these from Trac into Pagure. On the issues
page, you will see tags for things like "meeting", "event", "budget",
and more. Any open tickets, I have manually updated their content to
Markdown and set their metadata (so they all look nice). Older, closed
tickets will not be updated so they may look a little strange.
You can try changing how tickets are sorted on the "Issues" page by
clicking the different tags at the top of the page.
For milestones, I have added the Fedora release as the milestone for
tickets. In the roadmap view, we can see all tickets sorted by what
release of Fedora we would like to fit them into. However, if we wanted,
we could change milestones to fiscal year quarters if this would be a
better organizational fit.
== I'm getting 404 errors on files. ==
This seems to be a bug with the import, and I'm trying to see if the
files successfully migrated and/or if they imported or not. I left a
comment at the following link, but hopefully if there are files missing,
we can quickly and easily restore them.
== Who has access? ==
We have a Pagure group for all of the Ambassadors of North America. You
can find it here:
Ambassadors added to this group will be able to edit ticket metadata in
our Pagure. However, there is no easy way to use permissions or import
the FAS group members, so people will have to be added manually to the
Pagure group to gain extra access beyond only filing new tickets and
If you are a **sponsored** Ambassador in North America and you do not
see yourself in the Pagure group, please either ping me in IRC (jflory7)
or send me an off-list email at jflory7(a)fedoraproject.org to add your
FAS account to the group.
== Anything else? ==
If you have any questions about the migration, please don't be afraid to
ask them! We can discuss this further at the meeting today/tomorrow as well.
Justin W. Flory
You are kindly invited to the meeting:
APAC Ambassador's bi-weekly meeting on 2016-11-11 from 05:00:00 to 06:00:00 UTC
The meeting will be about:
This is a friendly reminder to APAC Fedora Ambassadors, about our bi-weekly IRC meeting tomorrow.
Please join in:
#fedora-meeting on irc.freenode.net at 05:00 hrs. UTC.