BrickHack is steadily coming closer and we're working on finalizing all
preparations for attending. I'll do a quick summary of what has already
happened and where we need more input!
A lot of new changes are on the wiki too, but these changes are
= What's new =
* BrickHack 2016 Attendee badge
* BrickHack 2016 Open Source Winner badge
* Deadline to confirm participation as an Ambassador has passed
* Full event schedule is published (on the wiki page)
* Prize pool ideas added (details further below)
* Updated costs for the event budget
* Deadline to finalize category details on Saturday, 2016-02-27
= What we need =
Fedora will be the Open Source category sponsor for BrickHack 2016. As a
result, we are in charge of determining category rules and guidelines,
as well as coming with prizes. The amount for prizes we are holding for
is around $250 USD.
We are trying to come up with a few different FOSS-oriented prizes to
give to winners in the category. We have things like Raspberry Pis,
MakeyMakey kits, and free Bluehost VPS hosting plans on there now.
However, I was told that another sponsor last year had a table where
they were just handing out Pis for little to nothing… so coming up with
some other unique prizes may be a good idea.
Even if you are not from FAmNA, I would appreciate hearing what some
other Ambassadors think about prizes or what we could do to appeal to a
large number of university students to participate in the Open Source
Justin W. Flory