Apologies for being a week late getting these out ... I'll try to do
better in the coming weeks.
- A new ambassador has offered to represent Fedora at the St. Louis
BarCamp in December. Will propose a Cobbler session.
- Max Spevack (and others) will be doing some interesting classes on IRC
this weekend. Please attend if you can.
- Request for ambassadors to blog about IRC Classroom this week and to
volunteer to teach.
* F10 Media Distribution
- x86 Live gnome media ordered and should be available soonish
- x86_64 Live and both x86 and x86_64 DVDs to be ordered later this week
- How media will be distributed was discussed
* Should we get a UPS or FedEx account for this?
* Media will be shipped to the four regional ambassadors and they will
process requests from ambassadors for events
* Q4 Goals
- 3 BarCamps / 2 scheduled currently
- Discussion of other quantifiable goals
- Discussion of a specialized sign-up page to use at events to help
ambassadors track new contributors who sign up at events
- 12-15 events in the quarter reported on the event page
* Tasks [https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/NA/Tasks
- Bulk ordering event swag
Brian Powell discussed some ideas about bulk ordering swag for NA.
While loads of small items can be reasonably purchased the one big
item where tremendous volume savings are possible is t-shirts. An
order of 300 t-shirts is around $1000, so we need to think about
funding this order in some way as this is way more bang for the buck
than what we've been doing.
* Open Floor
- Suggestion for a tutorial for "Fedora in a nutshell" similar to one
provided by the Debian. Need to investigate this document and compare
it with existing Fedora documentation.
I would again like to thank all the participants, especially the new
ambassadors joining us for the first time tonight.