it turns out we have to leave early. Some people need to travel home and
others have family duties, or both. Fortunately we worked hard and
managed to complete our agenda.
For now, I just put all the results, todo items and open questions into
the wiki at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Talk:FAD_EMEA_2012
It’s still a rough draft, I will clean it up, format and elaborate it
later today. Some of the most important decisions include:
* Event planning for 2013. We want to attend 31 events, and for
most of them we already have event owners.
* Budget planning for 2013. Based on the list of events, we’ll
spend 11.700 EUR. Sure, this is a lot of money, but we want
really to rock at a lot of places and our draft is very
* Sponsoring and reimbursements: While FAmSCo has already achieved
a lot, we need to do a better job in explaining contributors how
to get money easily and how to effectively track all requests.
* Swag shipping and event box: We think it does not make sense to
ship a complete event box within Europe, instead continue
shipping what we really need. But this needs improvements:
Better tracking of who has what and more ‘bases’ in different
* Swag production planning: We have a lot of new ideas for awesome
swag and need to follow up with getting different quotes and
* Fedora Ambassadors Census. In previous years, we used to do this
before this FAD: We ask all the local communities to report
their state: How many (active) ambassadors are there, how many
events did they attend and what is the overall situation for
* New ways to bring people into the project. We have communities
that are not officially part of the project, like local
community websites, IRC channels or groups on social networks.
We should actively try to recruit new contributors there.
* Improve the new contributors experience: Once they joined
Fedora, we should make sure new ambassadors can attend at least
one major event to get to know other contributors. Mentors
should have an eye on how people do within the first year and
support them better.
* Country-wide ambassadors event: All countries should strive for
an event that brings all ambassadors to a table at least once a
Still, the real work begins after this FAD. We need to implement what we
discussed, whether this is in the wiki, in trac or on various events.
But we have gotten a new boost for our community and we are very
optimistic that it will have a big impact.
Thanks everybody for coming and especially to Gerold for making this