Il 14/ott/2015 11:44 PM, "Jiri Eischmann" <jeischma(a)redhat.com> ha
Fedora 23 is just around corner and we haven't discussed media production
For F22, produced 2,000 Workstation DVDs and 1,000 Alternative
A couple of facts:
* the minimal amount to order is 1,000
* 2,000 DVDs of Workstation was just enough for this cycle, we ran out of
a couple of weeks before a new release, we still have a couple of
hundred of Alternative Desktops ones though.
* unit price if you produce 1,000 is 40% higher than if you produce
We can go with the same amounts again, at the regional meeting, someone
that we should go with a lower amount. In this case, it would
make sense to only produce the minimal amount of Workstation ones.
Status of DVD alternatives:
* USB sticks are still >10x more expensive than DVDs unfortunately,
faulty and too slow to load. Not an option to fully replace DVDs
* we've released a 'Getting Started with Fedora'
handbook, it doesn't
include any media with Fedora, but tells users how to
create one and
provides much more info about Fedora. And it's very close to DVDs
ambassadors mailing list
There are some points we need to consider here, because actually we don't
have an alternative Desktops DVD for F23.
1) If we want to produce less DVDs it would probably make sense to produce
only the minimum amount of workstation DVDs as there is less request for
them at every release. So no alternative desktop DVDs at all.
2) If we want to go for the same amount (2k + 1k), and I'm in favour of
keeping also alternative desktop DVDs as largely discussed for F22, we have
to decide the spins we want on it. Remember we'll have also a new Desktop
Probably we have a few days more as the schedule says, but we should decide
the direction we want to go soon (and it is not only for EMEA), as there
is also a design task pending on that (covers).