Using the f17 panda xfce image, kernel 3.4.2-3.
Wifi is not working correctly.
Can see the list nearby APs in the nm-applet, and iwlist.
What does NOT work:
Associating to an access point.
D.Anders was hanging out in #fedora-arm the other day, and he
supposedly fixed this by doing something with firmware files.
Unfortunately I don't have the chat logs any more.
But according to prpplauge (D.Anders) it was looking for the wrong
firmware, using wl21xx-v3 instead of wl21xx-v4.... I'm paraphrasing,
and my memory is vague by now..
Presumably the files he was referring to are the firmwares in
How can I find out which firmware file is being loaded?
wl12xx: firmware booted (Rev 220.127.116.11.98)
I found that string in /lib/firmware/ti-connectivity/wl127x-fw-4-sr.bin
So I guess that is the currently loaded firmware, but not 100% certain.
There are several different firmware files in that path, could we
somehow be loading the wrong file?
My best guess is the driver has some bits to specify the firmware it wants?
Not even sure if firmware is related to the issue, could this be a red herring?
Just going on what prpplauge indicated, he seems legit ;-)
Can anybody else reproduce the problem statement?
Peter said it works for him, so ...
- Worked a lot on getting my splash screen to stop as reliably as possible (before login/firstboot/xorg)
- Fixed up firstboot and made sure the keyboard module loads the first time now (Jordan did this)
- Added some provides on the rasp pi vc thing to say it provides the libEGL* .so files (did this last week actually but to note, the pthreads header files still need to be moved back a directory)
- The zip file (img + md5sum) format seems to work with the new installer I made (added some logic to the info.php releases file in scotland so our tests appear in the downloads)
- Reviewed the compose script to cleanup some mis-spellings and tested new images
- Blogged a bit and cleaned up my files/posts before the end of summer :)
- Helped pwhalen and dmarlin out with a new livemedia-modifier script to help setup omap devices and possibly the rasp pi in the future when making standard images (lorax + kickstart)
- Stalled on armv6 tho (I haven't tried the command line switch yet) not sure what to do here :/ (Jordan offered to help)