Tried this build with an XO-1 and it boots OK.
It can connect to my wireless router.
Frame key does not invoke the Sugar Frame.
It try to use Browse to open a page, for example www.google.com
, opens but then crashes
Note that I ran software update form the Control Panel and it claim to update Browse from
133 to 134 but still showed 133 in the list view
Running ping in the Terminal activity returns:
"ping: icmp open socket: Operation not permitted"
SDHC card in the XO-1's slot is not auto-mounted.
USB drive is not auto-mounted.
I have not tried any other activities or gnome.
linux - the best things in life are free
On Mar 24, 2012, at 3:56 PM, Peter Robinson wrote:
The "We are the Knights who say... NI." release.
THIS IS A DEVELOPMENT RELEASE
The release is our first combined 12.1.0 / Fedora 17 release, such a
small release but represents so much time by so many people in both
OLPC and Fedora in the ARM side of things to get a "hardfp" ARM
This is post alpha F-17 so the major churn for Fedora development is
now closed. Also note this release has the "usr move" too. The major
features destined for Fedora 17 can be found here . This is the
first release using the new file naming scheme, details can be found
here , it will allow an easier means of identifying builds, in
particular makes it easy to differ a x86/arm build :)
Some of the notable details of this release are:
- First 12.1.0 combined release for all devices :-)
- Fedora 17 devel release 
- ARM hardfp release for the XO 1.75 (note old F-14 armv5tel binaries won't run)
- Latest Sugar 0.95.x devel releases
- gnome 3.4 RC
- gtk3 3.3.20 with multitouch!
- xorg-x11-server 1.12 with XInput 2.2 (Mutlitouch).
- plymouth pretty and fast boot
- 3.3 based kernel for x86 XOs
- 3.0 based kernel for ARM XOs
- The latest firmwares
- only 4Gb images, for 8Gb expand the FS, we need to review dependencies for 2Gb
- a lot of various improvements
olpc mailing list